Dr. Md. Anisur Rahman
Computer Science and Engineering Discipline
Dr. Md. Anisur Rahman
I graduated with B.Sc. Engineering in Computer Science from Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh in 1995. I joined the same discipline as a lecturer in 1995. In 1998, I completed M.Sc. in Computer Science jointly from Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Bangkok, Thailand and Technical University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany. Title of my M.Sc thesis was "Semantics of Concurrency in Java". I got my PhD from University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada in 2011. Title of my PhD thesis was "Tabular Representation of Schema Mappings: Semantics and Algorithms" and my supervisors were Dr. Iluju Kiringa and Professor Abdulmotaleb El Saddik.
Since 2011 I have been working as a Professor in the discipline of Computer Science and Engineering at Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh. As a faculty member I take both undergraduate and graduate courses. Undergraduate courses include Discrete Mathematics, Switching Theory, Numerical Methods, Database Management System, Compiler Design etc. Graduate courses include Distributed Databases, Graph Theory, Knowledge Representation and Reasoning etc.
I have presented papers in many conferences and published articles in a number of journals. Subject of the papers include Computer Graphics, Distributed Database, Multimedia etc. My present research interest includes Distributed Database, Retrieval of Multimedia objects, Internet of Things etc.
Database System, Multimedia.
PhD in Computer Science,University of Ottawa.
List of Publications
- M.A. Rahman, M. Masud, "Schema Level and Data Level Mapping Composition", International Journal of Computer Applications(IJCA), Vol 83, 2013.
- M.A. Rahman, M. Masud, "Mapping Composition Combining Schema and Data Level Heterogeneity in Peer Data Sharing Systems", Appl. Math 7 (1), 99-112, 2013
- A. Rahman and M. Masud, "Foundation and Applications of MetaData Management", Journal of Electronics and Computer Science (JECS), Vol 12(2), 2013.
- Rahman A., Masud M., Kiringa I. and El-Saddik A. , "Tableaux-based optimization of schema mappings for data integration". In Journal of Intelligent Information Systems 38(2): 533-554, 2012.
- Rahman A., Kiringa I.,"Representation of Schema Mappings of a Data Exchange System", ICCIT, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2011.
- Rahman A., Masud M., Kiringa I., and El Saddik A., "Bi-Level Mapping: Combining Schema and Data Level Heterogeneity in Peer Data Sharing Systems". In the Proc. of the Alberto Mendelzon Workshop on Foundations of Data Management (AMW), 2009.
- Rahman A., Masud M., Kiringa I., and El Saddik A., "A Peer Data Sharing System Combining Schema and Data Level Mappings". In International Journal of Semantic Computing 3(1): 105-129, 2009.
- Md. Anisur Rahman, Anwar Hossain, Iluju Kiringa, Abdulmotaleb El Saddik, "Towards an ontology for MPEG-7 Semantic Descriptions". In Proc. Intelligent Interactive Learning Object Repositories (I2LOR) Conference, Montreal, QC, Canada, November 2006.
- M. Anwar Hossain, Md. Anisur Rahman, Iluju Kiringa and Abdulmotaleb El Saddik, "MeTaMaF: Metadata Tagging and Mapping Framework for Managing Multimedia Content", IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia (ISM 2006), December 11-13, 2006, San Diego, California, USA.
- Md. Anisur Rahman, M. Anwar Hossain, Iluju Kiringa and Abdulmotaleb El Saddik, "Ontology-based Unification of MPEG-7 Semantic Descriptions", IEEE ICECE, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2006.
- Rahman M.A., Kiringa I., and El Saddik A., "Generalization of an Algorithm for Checking Consistency of Mapping Tables in a P2P System". In Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT 2004), Dhaka, Bangladesh, Dec. 2004.
- A S M Mahfujur Rahman, S. M. Rafizul Haque, Md. Iqbal Aziz Khan, Md. Anisur Rahman, "Multi-resolution Level-Of-Detail Terrain Rendering with fast hierarchical visibility Algorithm" - Proceedings in the 7th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT), pp 7-12, December 2004.
- Md Anisur Rahman, A S M Mahfujur Rahman, Md. Abul Kalam Azad, Bikash Kumar Nandi, "Real-Time Fast Level-of-Detail Terrain Rendering Algorithm" - Proceedings in the 5th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT), 2003.
- Md Anisur Rahman, A S M Mahfujur Rahman, Md. Abul Kalam Azad, Bikash Kumar Nandi, "Application of Different Algorithms on the Development of a Graphics Renderer using OpenGL" - Proceedings in the 5th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT), December 2003.