Computer Science and Engineering Discipline
I graduated with B. Sc. Engg in Computer Science and Engineering from Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh in 2013. I was first in my class. My undergrade thesis topic was " A gaming approach in physical therapy for facial nerve paralysis patient " In, 2018, I completed my M. Sc. Engg in Computer Science and Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh. My thesis topic was " A Generalized Mechanism beyond NLP for Real-Time Detection of Cyber Abuse through Facial Expression Analytics ".
I started my career as Software Engineer in LA Technologies, Khulna, Bangladesh (2013-2016). Job involved working on several web solutions, websites using PHP, Symfony2 framework and cross-platform mobile app development for android and iOS.
Teaching career started with Bangladesh University Business and Technology (BUBT). I worked as lecturer in BUBT from Feb, 2016 to Jan, 2019. Later, got promoted as Assistant Professor and hold the position for 6 month. I joined Khulna University as Lecturer in July, 2019.
I like to interact with students. Generally, I take 2-3 classes in each course on the topic of "morality". In these classes, I usually talk abou current youth mentality, activities on social accounts, perspective on Bangladesh and so on. Sometimes, students taught me things that I might not think at all. Motto of my teaching method is "INSPIRATION". I believe students can not be fully taught, they can be guided. I find pleasure in my students' achievements.
I have research interest in Human Computer Interaction, Machine Learning, Data Analysis, Social Data Cluster, Blockchain etc. I wish not to do research for the sake of publication rather want to have some meaning behind my works.
Finally, I am a movie enthusiast, travel addict and a photography apprentice.
Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Data Analysis, Social Data, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Trajectory Data, Human Expression Analytics, Human Behaviour Analytics, Mobile Apps, Parallel Algorithms, Bioinformatics, High Dimensional Data Management, Blockchain.
|M. Sc. Engg in CSE||Bangladesh University Engineering & Technology||Dhaka||2018|
|B. Sc. Engg in CSE||Khulna University||Khulna||2013|
|H.S.C.||Govt. M. M. City College||Khulna||2008|
|S.S.C.||Khulna Zilla School||Khulna||2005|
List of Publications
- M. M. Alam, A. Shome, "Attacks on Health Workers during COVID-19 Pandemic - Data Exploration and News Article Detection using NLP and GRU Model", 7th International Conference on Networking, Systems and Security (7th NSysS 2020), BUET - Dhaka, Dec 2020.
- P. Datta, A. Bhowmik, A. Shome, M. Biswas, "A Secured Smart National Identity Card Management Design using Blockchain", 2nd International Conference on Advanced Information and Communication Technology (ICAICT), United International University - Dhaka, Nov 2020.
- A. Shome, M. M. Rahman, S. Chellappan, A. B. M. A. A. Islam, "A Generalized Mechanism beyond NLP for Real-Time Detection of Cyber Abuse through Facial Expression Analytics", 16th EAI International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking and Services, Houston, TX, USA, Nov 2019.
- M. M. Rahman, A. Shome, S. Chellappan, A. B. M. A. A. Islam, "How Smart Your Smartphone Is in Lie Detection? ", 16th EAI International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking and Services, Houston, TX, USA, Nov 2019.
- A. Shome, M. M. Hossain, “ Emotion Analysis on Banglish Used in Social Media ”, BUBT International Conference – 2018
- S. Saha, A. Shome, “ An Approach to Predict Students’ Performance by Combining Data Warehouse and Data Mining Technique ”, BUBT, Journal, Volume VIII, 2016.
- T. Tasneem, A. Shome and SA.Hossain, " A Gamming Approach In Physical Therapy for Facial Nerve Paralysis Patient ", Proceedings of ICCIT 2013 - the 16th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh. Dec 2013.